Traditional Internship Position
from Weber Shandwick
AS OF 9/6/13
Public Relations Intern
Are you a big thinker? An artist? A web geek with an edge? Weber Shandwick Detroit wants to see your application for our public relations internship. We’re passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients – and we’re looking for candidates with the creative daring and digital savvy to join that effort.
From creative ideation to execution, Weber Shandwick’s interns form the foundation of a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning programs. During the internship program, interns will work on iconic brands they encounter every day. The internship is paid, and candidates must be able to work full-time for three to four months, with the possibility of an additional three-month extension.
DESCRIPTION & DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create: Written words, videos, images
- Hustle: Pitch stories to media, develop media lists
- Monitor: Track brands in traditional and social media
- Research: Analyze brands using various resources
- Plan: Assist in event coordination and logistics
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well.
- Play nice, whether it’s in a team, with a team or independently.
- Know Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Proven writing ability and high level of comfort writing short effective copy.
- Available to work 40 hours per week.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 4-year college degree in public relations, communications, marketing, social or digital media, or other related field.