Do you have digital chops? Know how to use WordPress and pull together an analytics report? Want to be part of a dynamic PR agency in a market getting lots of attention?
The Detroit office of Weber Shandwick (located in Birmingham) is currently accepting applications for a Digital Media Intern. This internship is paid and is the perfect opportunity for recent graduates looking to gain more experience. A background in public relations and passion for data is required. Candidates must be able to work full-time for three months, with the possibility of an additional three-month extension.
DESCRIPTION & DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pull together weekly and monthly reports not only by the numbers but with keen insight that can change how we manage the communities
- Research and present the latest social media trends and recommendations
- Contribute to website redesign projects
- Monitor, write and curate content in support of our community managers
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent research skills
- Working knowledge and love for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and even ones we may not have heard of yet
- Enjoyment in finding details in the data
- Proven writing ability and high level of comfort writing short effective copy
- Some experience with a social measurement tool like Google Analytics or Radian6
- Willingness to learn and forge new ground
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 4-year college degree in public relations, marketing, social or digital media/analytics, or other related field.