Social Media: How to Engage, Share, and Connect, is a step-by-step resource to better understand, create, and develop sound social media strategies. Written in a relaxed and pragmatic tone this book concentrates on both the operational and practical aspects of this ever-evolving subject. Rich with concrete advice and examples from some of the most preeminent authorities in the fields of social media, public relations, and marketing this book has something for everyone.
Updated to reflect the latest technological innovations and challenges, the fourth edition of Social Media: How to Engage, Share, and Connect helps students understand and successfully use today’s social media tools as PR professionals and personal users.
Regina (Gina) Luttrell presents a thorough history of social media and pioneers of the field within chapters on specific subjects such as content-sharing, crisis communication, ethics, “sticky” social media, and strategic campaigns. This book will become your go-to reference guide for all things social media-related as it applies to public relations and the everyday duties of PR professionals.
Features of the fourth edition include:
- Chapter objectives and learning outcomes
- Social Media Expert profiles
- Theory into Practice boxes
- #LRNSMPR (Learn Social Media and Public Relations) boxes
- Comprehensive glossary of terms
- Coverage of additional social media channels (including Clubhouse and TikTok) and visual content in the social sphere
- New appendix with social media guidelines template
This book will become your go-to reference guide for all things social media-related as it applies to public relations and the everyday duties of PR professionals.