By Regina Luttrell & Luke Capizzo
A Practical and Concise Introduction to Agency Life
The PR Agency Handbook guides you through the day-to-day operations of a professional PR firm and offers best practices for creating a successful career in the industry. Authors Regina Luttrell and Luke Capizzo highlight real-world examples from the field as well as interviews with PR experts to help you bridge the critical gap between college and professional life. Throughout the book, you are introduced to many of the sub-fields of integrated communication practice, including traditional public relations and corporate communication, marketing, social media, creative production (print, digital, video, audio), web and user experience design, and search engine optimization (SEO). You will not develop a fundamental understanding of the different components found within an agency, but you will also gain an appreciation for the positive impact that excellent agency work can have on organizations.
- Real-world examples from the field ensure that the practical concepts presented become concrete for you.
- Numerous interviews with industry professionals from across the country and around the world are included at the end of each chapter to provide you with snapshots of the agency experience.
- A chapter dedicated to social media (Chapter 6) offers you a comprehensive look at how companies utilize these important platforms
- An introduction to the PESO and ROSTIR models shows you how to adapt your campaigns to meet the needs of today’s integrated agency environment.
- A chapter dedicated to tools and templates gives you exposure to real documents you will need in your career.