Editor’s note: While I personally wrote this particular blog post, this kicks off a series of guest posts from my social media students at Eastern Michigan University. Follow the conversations at #sm379 and @ginaluttrell.
PicMonkey makes having fun with photos even easier than ever though and I’m here to spread love.
Why I love it:
- It’s easy. I mean SUPER easy! All you have to do is drag and image or images and begin editing. When you are done, save to a file on your computer and there you have it!
- It’s FREE! Did you read that – F.R.E.E!
- Ton’s of options to edit your photos that include everything from text overlays to getting rid of blemishes, adding lipstick and even red-eye reduction. There are so many filters, too many to mention, and a myriad of textures, fonts, and effects.
- An AH-MAZING blog to give you creative ideas and get you on your way!
What I don’t love about it:
- Hmmmm… in this case, there really isn’t anything. For me this is a “can’t live without tool.”
Let’s take a look at this random image of the ocean and the fun I had changing it:
First time around:
Second time around:
And for a final, completely different look:
So there you have it… one picture, a few effects. Now it’s your turn!